Firearm Type: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Skill Level: Intermediate
This course covers advanced AR-15 skills and practices. A working knowledge of AR-15 operation is preferred.
Firing and Ready Positions
Understanding the why they are used and when to use them. Explanation and use of cover and concealment.
Understanding the WHY, HOW and WHEN to transition to handgun and when it’s safe and appropriate to transition back. Emergency and Tactical Reloads.
Movements and Shooting on the Move
Moving towards a threat and/or towards cover. Various movement drills and shooting on the move. Shooting from multiple positions.
- Modern Carbine in working condition
- Optics should be confirmed prior to class
- Weapon system MUST include a sling
- 3 Magazines
- Handgun with appropriate holster if you choose to train with one
- 200 rounds of rifle ammo and 50 rounds of pistol ammo
- Ear and eye pro required.